This Policy forms part of the Terms of Service dated 1 August 2019 for the Sylo Website Terms of Service (the Sylo Website Terms). In this Policy, capitalised terms have the meanings given to them in the Sylo App Terms if not otherwise defined.
THE SYLO DIFFERENCE
We are fully committed to your privacy. That is why Sylo is private by design and puts you in control of your own data.
WHAT INFORMATION MIGHT WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect the following information about you when you visit our website (generic data):
- The IP address of your device when connected to the internet.
- The operating system and the browser your device uses, and any search engine you are using.
- Information about your country and the language setting on your device.
- The domain name of your internet service provider.
- Any specific page you visit on our website, content you view, features you use, the date and time of your visit and other clickstream data.
- Other attributes about your browser, mobile device and operating system.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND SYLO
In this Policy, ‘personal information’ is information (including data) about an identifiable, natural person.
As outlined above, we may collect generic data about all of our users. In addition, any user may choose to share an email address or other contact information with us.
The remainder of this Policy sets out why we collect this personal information, and the terms on which we deal with that information.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The primary purposes for which we collect personal information is to provide Services to you and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations in connection with the provision of certain Services. In addition, we may collect personal information about you, such as generic data, for the following additional purposes:
- To validate, update and/or enhance our Services.
- To undertake research, analytics and/or benchmarking, including to measure the number of users of any of our Services.
- To identify and understand our users’ needs.
- For our business development and marketing purposes.
- For internal record keeping, audit and compliance purposes.
Together, these are the ‘Purposes’.
WHO CAN WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
We may share generic data and any other personal information we hold about you (subject to the restrictions noted above) with the following parties:
- Our service providers – such as technology suppliers/contractors, analytics and advertising service providers, storage facilities, lawyers, accountants and auditors, and all other parties who need to have access to your personal information to provide their services to us.
- Our employees or contractors to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the Services and otherwise fulfil our obligations to you.
- Any person considering acquiring an interest in our business or assets.
- Any other person to the extent reasonably necessary for the Purposes.
- Any law enforcement, legal, government or regulatory agency, where such disclosure is required or authorised by law.
These parties may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will never sell your personal information.
We will only disclose your personal information when we consider it to be necessary in view of the Purpose(s) for which it was collected or where it is required by applicable law or directive.
We may use your personal information to contact you in the future about Services we believe may be of interest to you. If we do so, each communication we send will contain instructions permitting you to "unsubscribe " from any future communications from us. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive any future communication or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact email@example.com.
CAN ANYONE ELSE SEE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To optimise our website, we may share your generic data with third party analytics companies or allow third parties to access that generic data or to use tracking technologies like “cookies” to collect statistical information about our users. The information collected is anonymous (that is, it does not include your Sylo name or avatar or other personal information which could identify you). However, you have the ability to opt out by disabling cookies in your browser or mobile settings.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: STORAGE AND SECURITY
Any personal information about you that Sylo holds or controls will be erased as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the Purpose(s) for which it was collected unless we are required by applicable law to store it for a longer period of time, in which case it will be erased after the relevant time period has elapsed.
HOW YOU CAN HELP KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
Please take care when deciding what personal information you send to us via email. No internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from the services may not be secure so if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
When accessing the Sylo website, look for the 'padlock' symbol in your web browser. The 'padlock' symbol is a certificate of authenticity and ensures the site is secure.
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is the most accepted way of ensuring the security of transmitted information to and from internet sites worldwide. It operates in all pages of our website. We use SSL with Comodo Authentication Certificates with RC4 128 bit encryption.
YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you at any time. To request access to the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a fee for our reasonable costs in retrieving and supplying the information to you.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time and, where reasonable and practicable, grant access to the information in the manner requested. An explanation will be provided to you if we deny you access to your personal information we hold.
If any information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any queries about this Policy, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Sylo Licensing Limited, PO Box 90334, Victoria St West, Auckland 1142, New Zealand.
PRIVACY LAWS STILL APPLY
This Policy does not limit our rights and obligations under applicable privacy laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 for our New Zealand-based users.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We can amend this Policy from time to time in accordance with the Sylo App Terms. If you continue to access the Services then you will be bound by the amended Policy.